After much thought and deliberation, we're happy to showcase the general outline for our projects committee! 🥳
We've prepared this short presentation that you can watch here 👉 link to the loom presentation (external).
- Our projects committee will be cohort-based. In each cohort, we'll complete a machine learning project from start to finish.
- Each cohort will meet weekly
- Each project will take 10 weeks to complete - one cohort per quarter
- Each cohort will be supported by a set of mentors: CS masters and Ph.D. students who answer questions and support you in your journey
- Each cohort will have the chance to collaborate on these problems and work from each other!
- The first project will be voted on in the RPC1 application
👉 Cohort applications will be released this week (although it's not really an application - it has a 100% acceptance rate up until it hits a cap, so first-come-first-serve!)
👉 Committee member applications will be released this week
👉 Mentor applications are out! You can find the link here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzEdnqYhOnQA3moL2SjfQDj_wAerGUTQC6oHKOCIlcqrdoBA/viewform
Keep on the lookout for those two update emails - one for announcing cohort applications, and the other announcing how you can join our committee and help organize these cohorts.